Since, phpMyAdmin’s interface is based entirely in your browser, you’ll need a web server (such as Apache, IIS) to install phpMyAdmin’s files into.
- You need PHP 5.3.0 or newer, with session support, the Standard PHP Library (SPL) extension, JSON support, and the mbstring extension.
- To support uploading of ZIP files, you need the PHP zip extension.
- You need GD2 support in PHP to display inline thumbnails of JPEGs (“image/jpeg: inline”) with their original aspect ratio.
- When using the cookie authentication (the default), the mcrypt extension is strongly suggested.
- To support upload progress bars, see 2.9 Seeing an upload progress bar.
- To support XML and Open Document Spreadsheet importing, you need the libxml extension.
- Performance suggestion: install the ctype extension.
phpMyAdmin supports MySQL-compatible databases.
- MySQL 5.5 or newer
- MariaDB 5.5 or newer